Your baby is finally here. Newborns are wonderful, but exhausting! The 2 Week Visit is a time to talk about how your family is acclimating to the newest addition. Feeding, bowel habits and sleeping are common topics. Babies usually lose weight right after birth. By 2 weeks of age, your baby will likely have regained his or her birth weight. Please remember that it is important to always put your baby to sleep on his or her back in a flat, firm and separate sleep space to reduce the risk of SIDS. As always, we are here to answer questions and offer anticipatory guidance.
We do a lot at this visit, including:
- Measure your baby’s weight, length and head size and record on a growth curve.
- Remind you to give your baby a daily supplement of 400 IU of vitamin D drops if you are breastfeeding.
- Monitor for signs of jaundice.
- Check to see how your baby is feeding.
- Answer questions about your new baby.
- Obtain second Newborn Metabolic Screen
Newborn Metabolic Screen
Helpful Info: Caring for Your Newborn
Bright Futures Parent Info